Institutions & Observatories
NASA Space Science Missions>
STScI ; Chandra X-ray Center ; FUSE
RXTE ASM and RXTE GOF
Spitzer Science Center ; IPAC ; 2MASS ; Sloan Digital Sky Survey
NOAO ; NRAO ; Gemini
Los Alamos/Cornell ArXiv Preprint Server
ApJ ; AJ ; PASP ; A&A ; MNRAS
Astronomical Software, Databases & Tools
MAST ; HEASARC Archive ; Skyview ; SIMBAD ; NED ; Hipparcos and Tycho Catalogues Search facility
Web version of Skycalc
Standard Star Fields for UBVRI Photometric Calibration provided by Paul S. Smith, Steward Observatory, University of Arizona
UBVRI Photometric Standard Stars Around the Celestial Equator: Updates and Additions Arlo U. Landolt 2009 AJ 137
Spectrophotometric Standard Stars (from ESO);
Catalog and Atlas of Cataclysmic Variables (Downes, Shara, Webbink)
A simple JD/civil date conversion utility; Energy/wavelength/frequency Converter; total galactic HI column density nH calculator from HEASARC.
Ephemerides and Calculators (from ESO)
Graphics and Imaging
- DS9 (formerly SAOimage)
- FITS homepage at HEASARC including links to fv, FTOOLS, CFITSIO, etc.
- PGPLOT a library of plotting subroutines.
- MONGO User's Guide from John Tonry,
- SM the official SM manual; see the tutorial and the author's SM page; Intro to SM. Note: "SM" was formerly called "supermongo", but it is not an offshoot of "mongo", so the name is just "SM".
- gnuplot (note: gnuplot is NOT affiliated with GNU nor the FSF projects); gnuplot - brief manual & tutorial
Physical Constants, Time:
The CODATA Internationally recommended values of the Fundamental physical constants from the NIST site.
US Naval Observatory Master Clock Time
A simple JD-to-calendar date converter from the USNO.
More Tools, Resources, and Miscellaneous
Handbook of Mathematical Functions by Abramowitz and Stegun
Numerical Recipes by Press, Teukolsky, Vetterling & Flannery
"Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics" by Martin V. Zombeck (2nd ed), from CUP Astronomy
ghostscript/ghostview home page.
International Astronomy Meetings List compiled by Liz Bryson of the CFHT.
Broken links, suggestions, comments, requests? Please contact